News and views from north Bristol's urban village

Thursday 7 September 2006

On Yer Bike

A funny thing happened on the way home today. There I was listening to Radio 5 Live on the BBC about the new cycling proficiency test, launched today. Not a cyclist myself, I was not really focusing on the story, though did get the idea that the new training was aimed at making young people more car aware and getting them used to the realities and dangers of road cycling in the 21st century.

Imagine my surprise, therefore, when, as the report ended, two young lads leapt off the pavement next to Texaco and cycled straight in front of me as I was driving down Falcondale Road. Not content with almost killing themselves, they then raced across two lanes and turned right into Canford Lane while the traffic light was red.

IÂ’ll pass on the details of the new programme when I next run them over.

No comments:

Site Meter