News and views from north Bristol's urban village

Monday 4 December 2006

Boys in the Wood



I'd heard that paintball was great fun but for once the hype was justified.

Sunday was my first time and I can honestly say I have not had so much fun for ages.

The centre - Delta Force near Thornbury - boasts Princes William and Harry among their previous clients and is very well run with excellent playing facilities. There was a minimum of hanging around - safety briefings were clear and to the point - and the whole day was well managed by the centre staff.

Our group of about 20 friends played all day - from 10.00 to 3.00 - over 6 different courses. For an authentic feel of the experience of being shot by 100 mph pellets of paint, I'll let my son take over:

The first time I was hit I didn't really feel much pain and I thought paintballs didn't hurt that much, so I ran out from my foliage cover into open battlefield and was machine gunned immediately from all angles...that's when I realised they hurt.

Highly recommended.


No comments:

Site Meter