News and views from north Bristol's urban village

Monday 15 June 2009

Food, Glorious Food

At 30 pages, it's not a quick read and I I certainly haven't read it all yet, but intend doing so.

If you are remotely interested in the issue of local food, its role in reducing environmental damage and in contributing to healthy communities, the draft Sustainable Food Strategy for Bristol is an important document.

The following statement from the document is one I wholeheartedly agree with:

"in the context of peak oil (and fossil depletion more generally) and climate change - global sustainability rests on the re-localisation and de-industrialisation of our food system."


Happy reading. Let me know if you finish it before I do.











If you enjoyed this post, get free updates by email or RSS.

No comments:

Site Meter