News and views from north Bristol's urban village

Friday 7 May 2010

Paul Harrod Comments on the Election Result

Lib Dem candidate Paul Harrod has released the following statement after his defeat in yesterday's election in Bristol North West:



"I congratulate Charlotte on her clear victory. It is very well deserved. She has worked very hard, with great commitment, and she will rightly earn many plaudits for her outstanding success last night.

"I am very proud of the Liberal Democrat campaign - where we increased our share of the vote by 6.6%. It was a shame that we could not persuade more Labour voters that we were the clear challenger in this seat. However I can have no complaints, and any failures in our campaign is my responsibility, and my responsibility alone.

"I would like to thank all those people who voted for me, and all the hundreds of people who volunteered to help the Liberal Democrats in Bristol North West."



If you enjoyed this post, get free updates by email or RSS.

No comments:

Site Meter