News and views from north Bristol's urban village

Thursday 9 December 2010

Legally Speaking

Driving back from town yesterday, I was stopped by a police officer who handed me a leaflet about Operation Tonic, the campaign by Avon and Somerset Constabulary to reduce drink driving. I had forgotten that this is an annual occurrence in early December on Whiteladies Road - education and awareness raising first, followed by a proper crackdown nearer Christmas.

In the course of the conversation with the officer, I was asked if I had my driving licence with me.

When I said I did not, I was politely informed that I was required to carry my licence (both parts), my MOT certificate and my insurance certificate whenever I drive anywhere.

I didn't know this was the law.

Does anyone know whether this is correct, and if so, when these requirements were enacted?

I'll be investigating further.








If you enjoyed this post, get free updates by email or RSS.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Site Meter