News and views from north Bristol's urban village

Wednesday 30 September 2009

What a Difference a Post Makes

What a month.

Barely had I finished my earlier post highlighting the emergence of new media in the area - notably the Westbury on Trym People site - when I found myself caught up in the phonomenon and offered a paid writing job with the neighbouring site, Redland People.

The ad for the post specified that the Community Publisher for the new local community news site should be (I paraphrase) used to running a local blog or news site (thank you) and, ideally, be comfortable with the so-called new social media.

Rarely having heard my skill set described so perfectly, I was down to the Evening Post building in a flash and, after a testing interview, was offered the post.

Inevitably, the new role, which I am continuing part time alongside running my Kumon Study Centre in Redland, has taken up quie a bit of time and has resulted in a brief lull in proceedings here at Trym Tales.

This is shame as there has been so much going on locally to comment on.

One brief item will have to suffice: the eco-festival in Westbury High Street ten days ago was, in my opinion, a really important event. Not only was it well attended, but I think it has put the Sustainable Westbury group on the map in a big way. The message of low carbon communities has, I think, taken a significant step forward.









If you enjoyed this post, get free updates by email or RSS.

No comments:

Site Meter